Sunday, February 3, 2013

Real Estate - Career?

Hello everybody! It's time to switch gears a bit this time, and I'm going to talk about the possible career of being a realtor!
Well, in case you aren't a 100% sure what a realtor or real estate agent or real estate sales agent is, here's a little insight:
A Real Estate Agent or realtor has to Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. A realtor advises clients on prices, mortgages, and market conditions, generates lists of properties for sale, including details such as location and features and compares those properties, promotes properties through advertisements, open houses, and listing services, presents purchase offers to sellers for consideration, and prepares documents such as loyalty contracts, purchase agreements, and deeds. They've got a pretty hard, painstaking job wouldn't you say? I've actually been doing a ton of reseach on real estate careers, as it was the topic for my career presentation, and I've actually wandered up upon a lot of interesting things!
So real estate agents need a lot of requirements in order to be official. Many current realtors major in management, law, Psychology, sociology, English, marketing, accounting, a foreign language, international business, economy, computer science, engineering, communications, even mathematics. They have a lot of options to choose from, and some colleges even offer real estate courses along with econmics, marketing, and accounting. A lot of these major seem pretty interesting to me, and most likely I'll go into one of these fields.
So why would I, Daniel Stapleton, think about being a realtor? Well, for one, my mom had been a real estate agent for about 5 years or so, when I was in elementary and middle school. I used to meet her clients and even sometimes go with her to see open houses. She worked with two agencies, Coldwell Banker being one, and another smaller-named company that I can't remember the name of. I loved touring houses and looking at brand new appliances, custom made floors, renovated kitchens, enormous bathrooms, etc. I also love watching shows on HGTV (Home & Gardening Television), in which real estate agents and brokers are involved, in just about every show on the netwrok. I love seem there techniques in which they use on their clients like persuasion (constitutes with a lot of rhetoric). Real estate has been such an open subject to me, since a was a child, and I think I could see myself in the future as an agent, or independent broker!
Thanks for reading, leave a comment below to let me know what you think! :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Danny, real estate should be perfect for you! your the stand up kind of guy that i would want to buy a house from. Anyways you got this for sure and im excited to see where this leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome idea! I think you would make a great realtor as you are a hard working, personable man who would sell many houses. You have some big shoes to fill following in Martha's footsteps. Also HGTV is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definitely see you in real estate Danny! You're always on top of everything and you're good with people, I think it would be a good option to pursue!

    ReplyDelete